Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cape Lookout State Park


Jesse and I went on a weekend camping trip to Cape Lookout State Park. We packed up our bikes, and borrowed our favorite dog, Denali, and headed to the coast.

I don't want to brag...but Dee was the cutest dog in the campground. ;-)


We hiked the 5 mile Cape Trail and went on a few bike rides. I even got Jesse to go to an informative program on Gray Whales presented by the park rangers! It was pretty boring...he's such a sport.





I ate my first hobo dinner (I think it's a Utah thing) and it was delicious! Instead of smores, I wanted to try something new, so I found this great recipe online. You take a banana and slice it down the center lengthwise as if you were going to cut it in half, but don't slice all the way through. Instead, open it up slightly and stuff it with little marshmallows and chocolate chips. Close the banana back up, wrap it tightly in tinfoil, and set over the campfire for about 5 minutes or until it's soft and the chips are melted. It's heaven! I don't have a photo because we scarfed them down so fast!




It will be here before we know it.


1 comment:

  1. I miss hobo dinners! I am glad you got to try one Nicole.

    ReplyDelete