Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sorry So Random

Everyone here in the Unck house is doing great! I'm a little behind on the blogging, but here are some highlights of the last few months.

After a two week battle with kidney stones, Jesse is back to work and officially patrolling solo.

He was really hurtin'. This was our 3rd trip to the ER. It took 4 1/2 hours before he was seen and he got sick 3 times while we waited...he was thrilled that I took this picture.

It's a relief to have completed all the training, but Jesse still feels a little overwhelmed by the scope of his responsibilities. Hopefully, with more experience he'll begin to feel more confident. Even on his slow days he pulls a number of people over for traffic violations, which to me, is very impressive...Jesse just shrugs his shoulders, like it's no big deal. And by now, I'm sure you're all aware of his heroic camel rescue ;)

Our favorite pup, Denali, moved to San Fran :(
She'll be back in 2 years and we are hoping to visit her soon.


During the week of Thanksgiving Jesse went hunting with my dad and his buddies.
The group got 3 elk (cow) this year.

I'll spare you the pictures of the elk.


Last month, Babcia's freezer went out. Jesse and I were happy to help her find a new one.


Earlier this year, we had the great idea to plant pumpkins, both regular and giant. Here's how they turned out...and keep in mind that my blood, sweat and tears went into these things.

They're supposed to be big and ORANGE!
I don't know what happened, but we're never doing THAT again.

I can't believe it's Christmas already!
I've been so busy with school that I've sort of lost track of time. I had big hopes to do fun holiday activities this year, like baking and shopping, but now all I want to do is relax (and knit, of course). So we'll likely keep things low-key this year, but still looking forward to spending time with family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. From here out, I am camping with your family!!! What a setup!! Sorry Jesse has kidney stones, again!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who stole the tent from harry potter! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete