Realized it's been a while since our last post, so I thought I'd update.
The House.
We are all moved in and, for the most part, settled. Everything has been unpacked with the exception of a few "junk" boxes that will likely remain packed until we get sick of looking at it and finally decide to throw it all away.
In my earlier post I mentioned that the house is brand new. I can't tell you how nice it is to be the first residents and have functioning, brand-new appliances. This, however, has not stopped Jesse from finding improvement projects. In just the short time that we've been here he has completed a number of projects, both practical (like planting giant pumpkins??) and cosmetic in nature. And just when I think there is nothing else he could possibly do, I come home to find the garage stocked with even more tools and supplies. I really need to find this boy a less costly hobby....
The Academy.
Jesse graduated from the police academy on June 18th after 14 weeks of training! He was SO happy to be done, and to add to the excitement, Glen and Carrie flew in from Vegas to watch him graduate. As a surprise, Verl, Linzie, her three little ones, and Aunt Cezanne all drove in from Utah to also celebrate with us. We had a great weekend, and the support and encouragement of family, is exactly what Jesse needed.
Jesse is back to work, but his training is far from over. He continues to ride along with a coach and is slowly given more responsibilities. Over the next several months, Jesse will have several different coaches and his schedule will change accordingly. Apparently this is an extremely difficult time in his training, yet so far, Jesse seems just as motivated as ever!
The Kitties.
The kitties love the new house and adjusted right away. They are a crazy bunch and definitely keep us on our toes!
The Summer.
This is the summer to get things done! I have a very intense school schedule that will likely take every spare moment I have until the end of July. Meanwhile, Jesse will be hard at work with few, if any, weekends off. Sounds yucky, but we knew it would be like this and we just want to get it all out of the way.
Jesse does plan to drive to Utah in July for the Swearingen family reunion, and we're hoping to get in at least one good camping trip before the end of the summer. Other than that, we have little else planned.
We're thinking of our wonderful friends and family and sending them all our love! Will update again soon...and hoping to add some more photos.


It was soooo nice to be able to come and see your cute house and to be there for Jesse's graduation. I wish you could come down too, but school comes first. I love you both and can't wait till I get to see you again!
ReplyDelete